Whether it was brought here by the ancient Polynesian settlers as a canoe plant, or as a commodity by traders from the East and West, each ingredient comes with its own unique story and relevancy to Hawaii’s society and cuisine. This set is a celebration of classic Hawaii flavors married with the finest cacao, providing a one-of-a-kind taste experience. Each flavor tells a story of our history and connects our taste buds to the paradise that is home.
Flavors of Hawaii on Holiday Treasure Box
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Sometimes you need to hit pause and go on Holiday - and that’s just what our Flavors of Hawaii collection did this winter. In this limited edition set, what was milk, might be dark, and what was dark, might be white - every flavor has a completely new taste. Dare we say it, some may prefer these ‘On Holiday’ chocolate bars more than the originals. We recommend selecting the Twelve Bar Tasting Set so you can decide for yourself.
Hawaii is famous for being one of the most isolated places on the planet. We’re right in the middle of the vast pacific ocean, acting a bit like a bridge between the east and the west. To conceive of this collection, we didn’t need to go any farther than our local farmers market to find inspiration
For maximum flavor, store and eat chocolate at a dry 70° F (21° C).
• Liliko'i x Passion Fruit: Vegan white chocolate infused with passion fruit. Ingredients: cocoa butter, passion fruit powder, organic cane sugar. Vegan & gluten free.
• Manakō x Mango: Vegan white chocolate infused with mango. Ingredients: cocoa butter, mango juice powder, organic cane sugar, organic dehydrated coconut milk powder. Contains coconut. Vegan and gluten free.
• Pa'akai x Sea Salt: Milk chocolate with sea salt. Ingredients: cacao, organic sugar cane, cocoa butter, organic whole milk powder, Hawaiian sea salt. Contains milk. Gluten free.
• Niu x Coconut: 60% vegan milk chocolate. Ingredients: cacao nibs, organic sugar cane, organic coconut milk powder, cocoa butter, organic toasted coconut chips (tree nuts). Contains coconut. Vegan and gluten free.
• Kope x Coffee: White chocolate infused with coffee and coated with cacao nibs. Ingredients: organic whole milk powder, cocoa butter, organic sugar cane, cacao nibs, Hawaiian coffee beans, Hawaiian sea salt. Contains milk. Gluten free.
• Mai'a x Banana: Milk chocolate infused with banana and sea salt and coated with crunchy banana chips. Ingredients: cocoa nibs, cocoa butter, organic banana powder, organic cane sugar, organic whole milk powder, Hawaiian sea salt, organic banana chips (organic bananas, organic coconut oil, organic sugar). Contains milk and coconut oil. Gluten free.
2.1oz (60g) per bar
included in this collection
niu x coconut
Dark chocolate infused with coconut milk and coated with toasted coconut chips.
The Polynesians settlers brought coconut on their long voyage to Hawaii. It is known as a canoe plant - a crop essential for island living. The coconut provided a source of food, water, and useful crafting material.
manakō x mango
White chocolate infused with mango.
Historical accounts suggest Mangoes first arrived in the Hawaiian Islands before 1825. In Hawaii the fruit thrives with over 500 varieties across the islands! Mango season is a highlight of summer in Hawaii and brings a pleasant sweet to the heat. It is widely consumed fresh or preserved through pickling, chutney, and sauces.
kope x coffee
White chocolate infused with coffee and coated with cacao nibs.
Coffee plantations first emerged in Hawaii in the mid 1800’s. From then the crop has thrived, with over 8,200 acres planted across the state. Here in Hawaii, more farms now grow coffee than any other crop, and we are proud to be able to source locally grown coffee for this bar. The infusion of Hawaiian coffee (kope) into creamy dark milk chocolate and a sprinkling of crunchy cacao nibs make this the ideal chocolate breakfast bar.
Liliko'i x passion fruit
Vegan white chocolate infused with passion fruit.
When the seeds of passion fruit first came to Hawaii from Australia in 1880, they were planted in the East Maui district of Liliko'i and the name stuck. Inside, the fruit is filled with an aromatic mass of juicy pulp and edible seeds. The juice, with its distinct tangy flavor, is a popular ingredient in Hawaiian cuisine, used to make sauce, candy, ice cream, tea, or in cocktails and shave ice.
mai'a x banana
Milk chocolate infused with banana and sea salt and coated with crunchy banana chips.
The Polynesian settlers brought with them mai'a (banana) on their long voyage to Hawaii. It is known as a canoe plant - a crop essential for island living. Not only was mai'a used as sustenance, but as an offering to ali'i (ruling chief), a highly regarded gift, and as medicine for various ailments. Fruit was scarce in ancient Hawaii and banana was one of only a handful available.
pa'akai x sea salt
Milk chocolate infused with sea salt.
In ancient Hawaii, pa’akai (sea salt) was used in food preservation, religious & ceremonial purposes, and as medicine. Pa’akai was collected from rocky shoreline pools, and on a larger scale Hawaiians harvested salt from man-made clay ponds; a method still practiced today.
Flavors of Hawaii Twelve Bar Tasting Set
This set provides an extravangant tasting of twelve different chocolate bars: six from our Classic collection and six from our new On Holiday collection. Have a cozy evening with friends and family comparing flavors and deciding what you like best.
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
made in hawai'i
All of our chocolate is crafted from bean-to-bar at our chocolate factory in Kailua, O'ahu.
direct trade cacao
We're buying cacao direct from the farmer. This allows us to establish long lasting relationships based on trust and quality. By cutting out intermediaries we can also pay our farmers higher prices for their crop.
Each chocolate bar is packaged using recycled paper and wrapped in a biodegradable plant-based fiber